Monday, June 16, 2008

It's been a long day. . . but by day's end I saw great progress. It was a slow start since John, Mark, Anna & Kathy had to make the Home Depot run to get supplies. Meanwhile, we had a few supplies to get us going. Art gave us a quick lesson in sanding and later another lesson in mud application and the team was off! A few hours later, the Home Depot contingency returned with dry wall, doors, and the insulation. We were set to really get to work. Before I knew it, John and his crew had the entire den drywalled! By 7:30 p.m. it was time to quit for the day. When I reflect on the progress made today, I can really envision Julie cooking in her brand new kitchen in just a few days!

This team is amazing. They work tirelessly in this New Orleans heat mixed with way too much humidity, waiting patiently for work assignments and willing to do any task to get the job done. I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings . . . Stay tuned!

-Linda

No comments: